This is a recipe I created for a bread company that combines the sweetness of the creamy peas with the savoury crunchy sourdough and lots of parmesan, lemon and a dash of balsamic..brilliant as a snack or light lunch
Serves 2 or one hungry person
- 2 slices sourdough
- 2 cups of defrosted frozen petit pois (they don’t need cooking)
- Half a medium lemon, juice and zest
- Parmesan block
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Small sprig of chives (chopped)
- Pea shoots (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste and balsamic vinegar (I always use Belazu)
Place the peas, one tablespoon of the olive oil, the chopped chives, lemon juice and zest with salt and pepper in a food processor or you can use a stick blender and pulse till it’s a rough purée, but if you prefer it smooth continue to purée till smooth. Set aside.
Heat a large frying pan, drizzle the bread with the rest olive oil and toast on either side till brown and crisp and sprinkle with a little salt.
Spread the pea mixture onto the bread, then shave parmesan over the top, sprinkle with pea shoots and finish with drips of balsamic vinegar and serve.
I shop at: