This slaw is refreshing and perky and has lots of crunchy veg and creamy avocado. You can serve it on its own or with sashimi or sushi, sushi rice, or a tin of crab, or boiled eggs or roasted salmon.
- 1 ripe avocado cubed
- A few radishes finely sliced
- 1 carrot julienned
- A handful of snow peas or mange tout cut into very thin strips
- A handful of very thin slices of red cabbage
- Small bunch of chives finely chopped to sprinkle on at the end
- A large handful of edamame
- Black Sesame seeds to sprinkle on at the end
- Pickled ginger to garnish
- 2 tsps toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tsps of maple syrup (or to taste, I like it quite sweet)
- A blob of wasabi (as hot as you want it)
- Zest of half of the lemon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Combine all the vegetables in a bowl and make the dressing by whisking all the dressing ingredients together. Pour over the veg and toss gently. Serve sprinkled with the chopped chives and sesame seeds.
…and serve with the sashimi if you fancy it with it and extra soya sauce and the sushi ginger.